Meet the Luxembourg Pavilion team in Dubai: Manon Jungen
“Coming together is a beginning; keeping together is progress; working together is success.”
We’re excited to introduce you to the people working at Expo 2020 Dubai. During 6 unforgettable months, they’ll assure that the message of the Luxembourg Pavilion resonates in all its vibrancy.
Today, you’ll meet Manon Jungen, Head of Events.
1. What is your name and what do you do at the Luxembourg Pavilion?
I am Manon and I am in charge of the organization of the events at our Pavilion. We are hosting a vast array of events from exhibitions to conferences and private sponsor events.
2. What motivated you to work at the Luxembourg Pavilion?
My biggest motivation was the challenge of working and living in another country. EXPO2020 was the perfect opportunity to get out of my comfort zone and be part of an exciting adventure.
3. How does a day at the Luxembourg Pavilion look like?
No day is like the other, and it’s never boring at the Luxembourg Pavilion. We have a great team, everybody supports each other and gives their best to make the Luxembourg Pavilion one of the best experiences at EXPO2020.
4. What is your favorite aspect of working for the Luxembourg Pavilion and for Expo 2020 Dubai?
EXPO2020 is a great learning experience. Your ways of thinking and doing are constantly challenged and you are continuously confronted with new ideas and thoughts. It’s a great place for personal and professional growth.
5. What is your favorite part of the Luxembourg Pavilion?
My favorite part of the pavilion is the diversity section celebrating Luxembourg’s amazing multicultural and multilingual society. We should never take for granted our privilege to live in a society, that openly welcomes people from all over the world.
6. What is the most important lesson you have learned during your time working for the Luxembourg Pavilion so far?
Be prepared to always expect the unexpected : )
7. Any special events you’re particularly looking forward to?
I am particularly excited about the UAE National Day on 2 December. This year marks the 50th anniversary of the UAE and the preparations for the Golden Jubilee festivities are already running high. The celebrations will be huge.
8. What can EXPO 2020 DUBAI do for our future?
Our future will not only be defined by new technologies and inventions, but how we engage with each other, understand our differences, and embrace our common values. Global events such as Expo2020 are essential for fostering dialogue and understanding to create a more inclusive and open-minded society.